This is very tasty! I made the pound cake instead of buying a ready one. I used blackberries and blueberries with the nectarines. I also added the almond extract in the heavy cream. I am making this again, but I'm serving with less of each ingredient so that I get more parfaits since the portions were big.
Pound Cake and Fruit Parfaits
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 433
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 18g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 166mg
- Sodium: 173mg
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 6 cups cubed store-bought pound cake (about 2/3 of a 12-oz. loaf)
- 3 ripe nectarines or peaches, halved, pitted and chopped
- 1 pint raspberries
- Combine cream, sugar and almond extract, if desired, in a bowl. With an electric mixer, beat until soft peaks form.
- Place a dollop of cream in each of six glasses. Top with 1/4 cup of pound cake cubes, another spoonful of cream and some nectarine chunks and raspberries. Continue alternating layers of cake, cream and fruit until you have used it all. Serve immediately, or cover with plastic and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts