This was surprisingly very good. I brought a frozen pre-sliced pound cake and it was sliced thick, so I didn't have any problem dipping it into the egg mixture. It was easy to make and quick. It had just the right amount of sweetness for a morning brunch. My family really enjoyed it. I will definitely be making this again.
Pound Cake French Toast
Purchase pound cake from a bakery or a frozen loaf pound cake to save time. Or bake your favorite, and freeze it the weekend before. Thaw frozen cake in refrigerator overnight.
More From Southern Living
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 16 (1/2-inch) pound cake slices
- Maple-Mint Cream (optional)
- Raspberry Sauce (optional)
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Stir together eggs and milk in a shallow dish.
- Dip pound cake slices in egg mixture, evenly coating both sides. Cook pound cake slices, in batches, in a lightly greased large nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with Maple-Mint Cream and Raspberry Sauce, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note