This was delicious but the pound cake was a bit fragile to dip. It also didn't absorb the egg mixture well. I'm thinking it would have to sit out over night and see if it dries out enough. Otherwise it was very good.
Pound Cake French Toast
More From Southern Living
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 16 (1/2-inch) pound cake slices
- Maple-Mint Cream (optional)
- Raspberry Sauce (optional)
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- Stir together eggs and milk in a shallow dish.
- Dip pound cake slices in egg mixture, evenly coating both sides. Cook pound cake slices, in batches, in a lightly greased large nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with Maple-Mint Cream and Raspberry Sauce, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch