Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) butter softened (2 sticks)
- 5 whole(s) eggs
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour divided
- 1 cup(s) evaporated milk divided
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 0.5 cup(s) shortening
- •Coat a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan with cooking spray and lightly flour, set aside.
- • In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium-high speed, beat sugar, butter, and shortening until creamy. Add eggs and beat until fluffy. Add 1-1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup evaporated milk, beating until well blended. Add remaining 1-1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup evaporated milk, and vanilla, beating until well mixed.
- • Pour batter into pan. Place in a cold oven and bake at 300 degrees F. 1-3/4 to 2 hours, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve, or cover until ready to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Shawnzie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pound Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts