- 6 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds frozen pork, chicken, or vegetable potstickers (20 to 25)
- 1 pound baby bok choy, rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- calories 394
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- protein 22 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- carbohydrate 52 g
- fiber 4.3 g
- sodium 1128 mg
- cholesterol 84 mg
How to Make It
Combine broth, vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic in a 5- to 6-quart pan; cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
Add potstickers and return to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, trim and discard ends from bok choy, then thinly slice crosswise. Add bok choy and carrot to soup and return to a simmer. Cook until potstickers are no longer pink in the center (cut to test) and dough is tender to bite, 2 to 4 minutes longer.
Stir in green onions, cilantro, and sesame oil. Ladle soup into bowls.
Wine pairing: Viognier's blend of sweet-seeming fruit, spice, and herbs is a good bridge to the soup. Dry Riesling is another great partner.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.