Pots o' Gold (Whiskey Pudding)
Pots o' gold What's at the end of your rainbow? Try creamy whiskey pudding and buttery shortbread cookies to top off St. Patrick's Day Any holiday is a great excuse to make cookies and special desserts at home. Go ahead and eat as much corned beef and cabbage as you'd like, but save room for something sweet.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 418
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 16g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 142mg
- Sodium: 172mg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 pecan shortbread cookies,crumbled
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Combine sugar and water in a heavy, medium-size saucepan. Bring to a boil, without disturbing, over medium-high heat; continue cooking, without stirring, for 5 minutes, until mixture turns golden. Swirl pan and cook for about 1 more minute, until caramel is a deep amber color. Carefully and slowly pour in cream. Whisk caramel over low heat until smooth.
- Whisk 1/2 cup milk, cornstarch and salt in a small bowl. In another bowl, beat eggs, whiskey and vanilla with a fork.
- Add remaining 2 cups milk to caramel mixture and bring to a boil. Whisk milkcornstarch mixture again, then whisk into hot mixture. Bring to a simmer; cook, whisking for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk 1 cup hot mixture into eggs, then whisk eggs into pan. Whisk while mixture cools, for 2 minutes. Stir butter in; strain through a fine sieve. Let cool, whisking occasionally. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Spoon chilled pudding into glass bowls; top with cookie crumbs and whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note