Potatoes with Spicy Cheese Sauce
Randy Mayor; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 230
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 36.3g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 266mg
- Calcium: 137mg
- 4 cups thinly sliced onion, separated into rings
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 pounds small Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- 3 ounces 2% reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 12 curly leaf lettuce leaves
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, each cut into 6 wedges
- Combine onion and juice in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove onion from bag, reserving marinade.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until tender; drain. Cool. Peel and cut potatoes in half.
- Place reserved marinade, cheeses, hot sauce, and milk in a blender; process until smooth.
- Arrange 2 lettuce leaves on each of 6 salad plates. Top each serving with 2/3 cup onion, 3/4 cup potatoes, 2 tablespoons cheese sauce, and 2 egg wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads