- 4 cups thinly sliced onion, separated into rings
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 pounds small Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- 3 ounces 2% reduced-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 12 curly leaf lettuce leaves
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, each cut into 6 wedges
- calories 230
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- fat 5.6 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- monofat 1.5 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 10 g
- carbohydrate 36.3 g
- fiber 4.2 g
- cholesterol 86 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 266 mg
- calcium 137 mg
How to Make It
Combine onion and juice in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove onion from bag, reserving marinade.
Place potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until tender; drain. Cool. Peel and cut potatoes in half.
Place reserved marinade, cheeses, hot sauce, and milk in a blender; process until smooth.
Arrange 2 lettuce leaves on each of 6 salad plates. Top each serving with 2/3 cup onion, 3/4 cup potatoes, 2 tablespoons cheese sauce, and 2 egg wedges.