Potatoes Stuffed wit Cajun Spiced Shrimp & Crab
Community Recipe from
- 5 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) half-and-half, warmed
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup(s) scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon(s) oil
- 1/2 cup(s) minced onions
- 1/2 cup(s) red or green pepper, minced
- 1/2 stick(s) unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shrimp, peeled deveined and chopped
- 1 cup(s) pasteurized lump crab meat (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup(s) Monterrey Jack or Farmer's cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Pierce potatoes with a fork, place in a plastic bag and coat with oil. Bake directly on an oven rack for 1 hour, or until tender when pierced with a skewer. Remove potatoes from the oven. While hot, cut off 1/4" of the top. Scoop out the flesh into a bowl, being careful not to tear the skins. Rice the flesh.
- Whisk together half & half, parsley, scallions, Parmesan, Dijon, mayonnaise and egg yolk in a large bowl; set aside.
- Saute onions, peppers and garlic in oil in a non-stick saute pan. Add butter and the next 4 ingredients and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the shrimp and crab. Cook until shrimp is pint, 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add mixture to the cream and egg mixture, then fold in riced potatoes Season with salt.
- Stuff potato mixture into the potato shells using a spoon. Mounding the tops. Arrange stuffed potatoes on a baking sheet, then top with cheese. Bake at 450 degrees F until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Margareta and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Potatoes Stuffed wit Cajun Spiced Shrimp & Crab Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes