- 2 pounds Yukon gold or blue potatoes
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup aji amarillo paste, or 3 peeled and seeded aji amarillo peppers
- 6 ounces queso fresco or sheep's milk feta cheese
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 hard-cooked large eggs, each sliced into 6 wedges
- 1/4 cup kalamata or black olives, pitted and halved lengthwise
- calories 256
- fat 10.1 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 5.7 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 9.7 g
- carbohydrate 33 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- cholesterol 72 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 500 mg
- calcium 152 mg
How to Make It
Place unpeeled potatoes and 1 teaspoon salt in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and cool slightly. Peel potatoes, and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 6 to 8 minutes or until blackened. Place in a paper bag; fold to close tightly. Let stand 5 minutes. Peel and coarsely chop to measure 1/3 cup.
Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
Place onion mixture, 1/3 cup roasted red bell pepper, milk, aji amarillo paste, cheese, remaining 5 teaspoons oil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender; process 3 minutes or until thick and smooth, scraping sides.
Arrange potato slices on each of 6 lettuce-lined plates. Spoon sauce over potatoes; arrange egg wedges and olives around potatoes on each plate.