- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 extra-large vegetable bouillon cube*
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds small new potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
How to Make It
Bring 1 3/4 cups water and bouillon cube to a boil in a large skillet, stirring until cube dissolves; cool slightly.
Whisk flour gradually into remaining 1/4 cup water; add to broth, and cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, 2 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened.
Reduce heat to medium; add potato, and cook, covered, 15 minutes. Add green beans, and cook, covered, 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in pepper, dillweed, and lemon juice. Serve immediately.
* For testing purposes only, we used Knorr Vegetarian Vegetable Bouillon.