I make this dish every family gathering and holiday. It is a favorite of ours.
Potatoes au Gratin
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf pasteurized prepared cheese product, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly; peel and slice.
- Layer half of potatoes, half of onion, and half of cheese in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with half of salt and pepper. Repeat layers. Drizzle with cream.
- Bake potato mixture at 350° for 1 hour or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Potatoes au Gratin Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles, Side Dishes/Vegetables
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, New Year's, Thanksgiving
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living
More Recipes for Casseroles