Potatoes and Onions
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Potatoes and Onions
- Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
- Show: 30 Minute Meals
- Episode: 30-Minute Passport To Russia
- 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 3 potatoes) round, white thin skinned potatoes
- 1 large sweet onion
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat a 10-inch heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Slice potatoes and onions very thin. Salt potatoes and onions. Add oil and butter to the pan. When the butter foams, add potatoes and onions to the skillet.
- Place a dinner plate on top of potatoes and weight it with any heavy object: a sack of flour, heavy canned goods, etc. Let the potatoes and onions crust, 2 to 3 minutes, then turn, replace weights, and let them crust again. Keep turning the potatoes and onions over for about 20 minutes, until they are evenly golden and crusted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Potatoes and Onions Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables