- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound sliced mushroom caps
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large thyme sprig
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups vertically sliced onion (about 2 medium onions)
- 1 (8-ounce) Yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) turnip, peeled and cut into (1/8-inch-thick) slices
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese
- calories 310
- fat 14.5 g
- satfat 8.9 g
- monofat 3.7 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 11.2 g
- carbohydrate 29.8 g
- fiber 4.3 g
- cholesterol 48 mg
- iron 1.9 mg
- sodium 445 mg
- calcium 221 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms to pan, and sauté 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add wine; cook 2 minutes. Add parsley, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and cook 6 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Remove from heat; discard thyme. Add cream cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Remove mushroom mixture from pan. Wipe pan clean with paper towels.
Heat pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking for 15 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring frequently. Set aside.
Coat a 6-cup baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange potato slices in dish, and top with spinach. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper evenly over spinach. Spoon the mushroom mixture over black pepper, and arrange turnip slices over mushroom mixture. Top with caramelized onions; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and tarragon. Pour whipping cream over tarragon, and sprinkle evenly with Gruyère cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and cheese begins to brown.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.