This was so flavorful! Consider my mind blown!
Potato-Stuffed Grilled Bell Peppers
Think twice-baked potato, except the potato mixture is stuffed into a bell pepper half. The peppers roast and char on the bottom, imparting a wonderful sweet flavor, while the upper edges stay crisp-tender. Don't forget to bake the potatoes before the guests arrive.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Cool: 15 Minutes
Grill: 18 Minutes
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 3 1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pierce each potato 3 to 4 times with a fork, and place directly on oven rack.
- Bake at 450° for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise, cutting through stems and keeping intact. Remove and discard seeds and membranes; rinse and pat dry. Set aside.
- Cut baked potatoes in half. Scoop out pulp into a large bowl, discarding shells. Add sour cream and next 6 ingredients to pulp, blending well with a fork or potato masher.
- Spoon potato mixture evenly into bell pepper halves. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Grill peppers, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 18 minutes or until peppers are blistered and potato mixture bubbles around edges. Serve immediately.
- Note: We tried microwaving the potatoes, but the texture is mealy; baking is the best choice.
- Grilled Stuffed Potatoes: Omit red bell peppers. Proceed with recipe as directed, reserving potato shells and spooning potato mixture into reserved potato shells. Grill as directed or bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note