Potato Squash Casserole
Peggy Burdick: Burlington, MI From Taste of Home Casseroles, Slow Cooker & Soups hearty autumn dish Creamy cheese sauce imparts a down-home taste.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cup(s) heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound(s) uncooked bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the potatoes, squash and water. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place half of the mixture in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Crumble sausage over potato mixture. Top with onion and remaining potato mixture.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour and 1/4 cup cream until smooth; stir in remaining cream. Pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for 20-30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note