potato soup made from leftovers
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) diced onion sauted in butter
- 1 bag(s) 1 lb frozen tatar tarts thawed &crumbled
- 2 quart(s) milk
- 1 pint(s) 1/2&1/2 or cream 8 oz
- 2 can(s) potato soup
- 3 cup(s) or more cheddar cheese
- 1 pound(s) cooked bacon crumbled
- 3 tablespoon(s) saved + bacon grease
- 3 cup(s) leftover mashed potatoes for thickening
- salt &pepper, garlic, onion powder, chives, parsley seasonings to taste
- 1 stick(s) real butter
- Crumble thawed Tatar tots. Saute onions in butter until clear & add to tots. Mix. In LG soup pot, melt 1/2 stick real butter, add canned soup, 2tbs Bacon grease, milk,cream, add tots, onions, 1/2 bacon bits, stirring constantly on Med. Hi for 10 minutes. Add seasonings to your taste. Add mashed potatoes to thicken soup. Add more milk if too thick. Cover&simmer for 25 mins. Add cheese &bacon bits. Melt &serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandyjo123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note