Community Recipe from
- 1-1/2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 medium leeks sliced
- 2 can(s) (14 oz. cans) chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 pound(s) red potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place garlic in custard cup; drizzle with olive oil. Cover with foil. Roast in oven 25 to 35 minutes or until cloves feel soft when pressed; set aside.
- In Dutch oven cook bacon until crisp. Put bacon aside. Cook leeks in drippings about 5 minutes or until softened but not browned. Add broth, water, potatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in garlic.
- In food processor or blender pour half of the soup mixture. cover; process until smooth. Repeat with remaining soup.
- Transfer to storage containers and cover and chill up to 3 days.
- Return to Dutch oven. Add bacon. Heat through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KathyGill and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Potato Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes