Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 pound(s) potato Peeled and chunked
- 1 onion small, diced
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper
- 2 quart(s) chicken broth
- 2 block(s) cream cheese add at end
- bacon crumbled, garnish
- Use a 6 quart or larger slow cooker. Peel and dice the potatoes, and put them into the stoneware. Add onion and garlic. Sprinkle in the seasonings, and pour in the broth. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4. The potatoes should be fork-tender. You can use a potato masher to mash the potatoes in the soup, or a hand-held immersible blender. I suppose you can also leave the potatoes in chunks, if you really wanted, but I wanted a smooth soup.
- After smashing the potatoes, crumble in both packages of cream cheese, and put the lid back on. Cook on high for about 30 minutes, or until the cream cheese is completely dissolved. Stir a few times during the 30 minutes.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon, green onion or chives, and I'd assume cheddar cheese would be just delightful.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by goldmanaz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note