Potato Salad with Sweet Pickles
- 1 (4-pound) bag large baking potatoes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, grated
- 1/3 cup sweet salad cube pickles
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover and salted with 1 teaspoon salt 40 minutes or until tender; drain and cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir together mayonnaise, mustard, pepper, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl.
- Peel potatoes, and cut into 1-inch cubes. Add warm potato cubes, grated eggs, and pickles to bowl and gently toss with mayonnaise mixture. Serve immediately, or, if desired, cover and chill.
- Note: To reduce cooking time, use 4 extra-large baking potatoes (about 1 pound each), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes. Proceed as directed, reducing cooking time to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool 10 minutes. Increase mayonnaise to 1 1/2 cups, and proceed as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads