I was so surprised at how delicious this potato salad is. Knowing it contains so many fewer calories helped me to enjoy it immensely. I followed the recipe exactly and love it! With this salad we had hot dogs and sweet corn.
Potato Salad with Parsley and Chives
"For years, we grew several varieties of potatoes, but keeping ahead of the beetles was a full-time job. Finally, we decided to call it quits, and we gave up growing potatoes. But we'll never stop eating them." Mike Kressy.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 173
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 27.8g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 289mg
- Calcium: 79mg
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black peppercorns
- 4 cups cubed Yukon gold potato (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- To prepare the dressing, combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
- To prepare the salad, place potato in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 9 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Combine the dressing, potato, celery, parsley, peas, and chives in a large bowl, and toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note