Very tasty and much healthier than traditional potato salad with mayonnaise.
Potato Salad with Corn and Cherry Tomatoes
It's not easy to find small potatoes that are uniform in size (and therefore cook at the same rate), so lift them out of the water in batches as they become tender. The recipe is from Dana Ewart and Cameron Smith, chefs and caterers in Canada's Okanagan Valley, in British Columbia. They serve it as part of their open-air feasts at God's Mountain Estate, a vineyard and B&B near Penticton.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 265
- Calories from fat: 61%
- Protein: 3.8g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Sodium: 328mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3/4 pound purple potatoes
- 3/4 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-in. dice
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 large ears yellow corn, kernels cut off
- 1 pt. multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh marjoram leaves
- 1. Bring potatoes to a boil in a medium pot of well-salted water just to cover. Reduce heat and simmer until just soft when pierced (or cut one in half and try it).
- 2. Whisk 1/2 cup oil, the vinegar, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a small bowl.
- 3. Sauté onions in remaining 2 tbsp. oil until translucent. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds, then add corn and heat until just warmed through. Season with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper and let cool.
- 4. Drain potatoes and let stand until just cool enough to handle. Taste a shred of skin; peel if bitter. Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces and toss with 1/2 of vinaigrette.
- 5. Add cooled corn mixture, tomatoes, and marjoram. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette to taste and gently mix together.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note