Potato Salad with Artichokes and Asparagus
Ngog Minh Ngo
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 323
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 6.5g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sodium: 321mg
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- 8 ounces asparagus, ends trimmed, spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds red thin-skinned potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch-thick chunks
- 2 strips thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse-grain mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Rosemary sprigs (optional)
- 1. Bring a 4- to 6-quart pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add asparagus and cook until barely tender when pierced, 3 to 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to a bowl of ice water to cool. Pour off ice water and set asparagus aside. Add potatoes to boiling water and cook until tender when pierced, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain in a colander; set aside.
- 2. In a medium frying pan over medium heat, cook bacon until it is just beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add shallots and rosemary and cook until shallots are translucent, about 4 minutes.
- 3. In a blender, combine olive oil, vinegar, yogurt, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Whirl until blended and creamy.
- 4. In a large bowl, gently toss the asparagus, potatoes, shallot mixture, artichoke hearts, and capers with the dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with rosemary sprigs (if using). Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This