I prefer a simpler approach. After baking the potatoes, scoop out the center and fill with this blend: I/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 c. bacon chunks (I like real bacon cut up),2 tbsp. diced onions, 2 tbsp. diced jalopenos.. mix this together w/potato from shell and refill shells. Top with colby-cheddar chunks and wrap in foil. Place back in 350 oven for 12-15 minutes. Serve hot! I like it with bacon wrapped filet mignon and salad!!!
Potato Salad-Stuffed Spuds with Smoked Chicken
You can top your stuffed potatoes with any type of 'cue.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 4 large baking potatoes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 (4-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet-hot pickles
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 pound warm shredded smoked chicken
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Coat baking potatoes with vegetable cooking spray; pierce potatoes several times with a fork. Bake 1 hour or until tender. Remove from oven, and cool slightly (about 10 minutes). Cut off top one-third of each potato, and reserve for another use. Carefully scoop out pulp into a bowl, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells intact. Stir together sour cream, vinegar, minced garlic, coarsely ground pepper, spicy brown mustard, salt, sugar, and hot sauce. Stir pimiento, 3/4 cup sour cream mixture, chopped pickles, and green onions into potato pulp in bowl. Reserve remaining sour cream mixture. Spoon potato mixture into potato shells; cover and chill 1 to 24 hours. Divide chicken, cooked and crumbled bacon, and shredded cheese; top each with reserved sour cream mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes