- 3/4 pound uncooked chicken-apple sausages
- 3 cups (about 1/2 lb.) broccoli florets
- 5 cups frozen hash-brown-cut (shredded) potatoes
- 1 onion (about 1/2 lb.), peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 1/2 cups nonfat milk
- calories 475
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- protein 26 g
- fat 16 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- carbohydrate 62 g
- fiber 6.5 g
- sodium 757 mg
- cholesterol 79 mg
How to Make It
Discard sausage casings. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, stir sausages until broken up and no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
Add broccoli florets; stir until sausages are well browned and broccoli is tender-crisp to bite, 3 to 5 minutes more. Pour into a bowl; keep warm.
Add potatoes and onion to pan, reduce heat to medium-high, and stir until onion is limp, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add sage and milk to pan, and stir just until potatoes are tender to bite, 8 to 10 minutes more.
Pour potato mixture onto a platter; spoon sausage and broccoli mixture over it. Add salt to taste.