- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves or 1/2 teaspoon chopped dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Salt and pepper
- calories 160
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- protein 3.9 g
- fat 7.7 g
- satfat 4.7 g
- carbohydrate 19 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- sodium 57 mg
- cholesterol 24 mg
How to Make It
Peel potatoes and cut into 1/4-inch cubes; put in a large bowl and cover with water.
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallots and garlic and stir until shallots are limp, about 1 minute.
Drain potatoes and add to pan, along with thyme and rosemary. Stir often until potatoes appear slightly translucent, about 8 minutes.
Add broth and stir often until potatoes are tender to bite and have absorbed most of the liquid, 12 to 15 minutes. Add cream and stir often until almost all is absorbed, 2 to 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare through step 3 up to 2 hours ahead; cover and let stand at room temperature. Reheat and continue.