Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup).
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 175
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 5.8g
- Carbohydrate: 27.4g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 277mg
- Calcium: 100mg
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup parsley sprigs
- 2 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) finely grated fresh Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups (1/8-inch-thick) sliced red potatoes (about 2 pounds), divided
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) finely grated fresh Romano cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Drop the almonds and garlic through food chute with food processor on, and process until minced. Add basil and parsley; process until finely chopped. Add 2 tablespoons broth, 2 tablespoons cheese, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons oil, and salt; process until smooth.
- Spread 2 teaspoons oil in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 2 cups potatoes in bottom of baking dish; spread 3 tablespoons basil mixture over potatoes, and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons cheese. Repeat the procedure with 2 cups potatoes, 3 tablespoons basil mixture, and 2 teaspoons cheese. Top with 2 cups potatoes.
- Microwave 1/2 cup broth at high 1 1/2 minutes or until very hot. Pour over potatoes; spread remaining basil mixture over potatoes. Cover with foil; bake at 425° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons cheese, and bake an additional 15 minutes or until tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Potato-Pesto Bake Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This