Disappointing! Rather bland..a surprise for a Coking Light recipe..especially one by Debbie MadIson.
Potato and Pepper Pizza with Goat Cheese
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 332
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 10.8g
- Carbohydrate: 52.4g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 725mg
- Calcium: 132mg
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced fingerling or red potatoes (about 6 ounces)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 recipe Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) soft goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- Preheat broiler.
- Cook potato in boiling water 5 minutes, and drain.
- Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and cut into strips. Combine potato, bell pepper, oil, oregano, salt, and black pepper, tossing well to coat.
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Roll the pizza dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place the pizza dough on a 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp edges of pizza dough with fingers to form a rim. Arrange potato mixture over crust. Drop the goat cheese by teaspoonfuls onto potato mixture. Sprinkle with olives.
- Bake at 500° for 15 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven. Cut pizza into 4 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note