Disappointing! Rather bland..a surprise for a Coking Light recipe..especially one by Debbie MadIson.
Potato and Pepper Pizza with Goat Cheese
The dough recipe yields two crusts, so you can either double the rest of the ingredients to make two pizzas or freeze the remaining dough for later. If you freeze the dough, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 332
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 10.8g
- Carbohydrate: 52.4g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 725mg
- Calcium: 132mg
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced fingerling or red potatoes (about 6 ounces)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 recipe Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) soft goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- Preheat broiler.
- Cook potato in boiling water 5 minutes, and drain.
- Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and cut into strips. Combine potato, bell pepper, oil, oregano, salt, and black pepper, tossing well to coat.
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Roll the pizza dough into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place the pizza dough on a 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp edges of pizza dough with fingers to form a rim. Arrange potato mixture over crust. Drop the goat cheese by teaspoonfuls onto potato mixture. Sprinkle with olives.
- Bake at 500° for 15 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven. Cut pizza into 4 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note