Potato, Pepper and Chorizo Hash with Fried Eggs
Switch it up at dinnertime by serving breakfast! Appetites will be sizzling with this flavor-packed Potato, Pepper and Chorizo Hash with Fried Eggs recipe. The easiest way to get the eggs into the skillet in one piece? Break them one at a time into a small teacup, then tilt the cup to gently slip them on top of the hash.
More From Allyou
Total: 50 Minutes
- Calories: 363
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 237mg
- Sodium: 721mg
- 2 8-oz. russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 ounces chorizo, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1. Place potatoes in a pot, cover with 1 inch of water, stir in 1/2 tsp. salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Warm oil in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add bell pepper and chorizo and cook, stirring often, until pepper is softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes, season with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Press lightly on mixture so it forms a cake. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook until golden and crisp on bottom, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 4. Preheat broiler to high. Carefully break eggs onto potato cake, then place pan under broiler and cook until whites are set, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note