Easy to make and delicious. I'll make again and I didn't make any alterations.
Potato Pancakes with Chive Yogurt Cheese
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 187
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 417mg
- Calcium: 104mg
- Yogurt cheese:
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Potato Pancakes:
- 6 cups shredded baking potato (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup grated fresh onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- To prepare yogurt cheese, place a colander or sieve in a 2-quart glass measure or medium bowl. Line colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over the outside edge. Spoon yogurt into the colander. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 12 hours. Spoon yogurt cheese into a bowl, and discard liquid. Stir in chives, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- To prepare potato pancakes, spread the potato and onion between several layers of paper towels; let stand 15 minutes or until barely moist, pressing occasionally. Combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in potato and onion.
- Heat about 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spoon 2 tablespoons potato mixture for each of 6 pancakes onto pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat procedure with the remaining oil and potato mixture. Serve the pancakes with yogurt cheese.
- Note: To freeze, let cooked pancakes cool completely. Stack in an airtight container between layers of wax paper, and freeze for up to 2 months. To reheat, place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch