The swirl of pesto on top of this omelet lifted it from ordinary to very yummy. A really nice combination with the savory mushrooms and potato. I liked that this dish served two - made a perfect brunch with some fruit and muffins.
Potato, Mushroom, and Pesto Omelet
We packed this omelet so full that it's too thick to fold in half. Serve it open faced with fresh fruit and muffins.
Yield: 2 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 146
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 12.7g
- Carbohydrate: 10.8g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 112mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 345mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced peeled baking potato, cooked
- 1 tablespoon Classic Pesto
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Pour egg mixture into pan; top with potato (do not stir). Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 8 minutes or until center is set.
- Spread Classic Pesto over omelet. Loosen omelet with a spatula, and cut in half. Slide omelet halves onto plates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch