I have to agree with some of the posters here - I was not that impressed. It was difficult to form the croquettes. I see that some said it was easier to cool the mushrooms mixture first. I had thought of that as I was struggling making them but didn't have the time to allow for that. I also deglazed the pan with wine to add extra flavor. I also added sage. With all that said, I was still not impressed with the flavor. I thought it was rather bland.
Potato, Mushroom, and Leek Croquettes
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 266
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 12.4g
- Carbohydrate: 29.3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 412mg
- Calcium: 229mg
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped peeled Yukon gold potato
- 4 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 4 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped leek
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Place potato in a pan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 8 minutes or until tender. Drain. Press potato through a ricer or food mill into a bowl.
- 2. Place mushrooms, leek, and thyme in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushroom mixture; cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mixture to potato. Add Gruyère, 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano, salt, pepper, and egg yolk; stir until blended. Shape mixture into 8 (2-inch) round patties.
- 3. Place flour in a shallow dish. Combine egg white and 2 teaspoons water in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano and panko in a shallow dish. Dredge patties in flour. Dip in egg mixture; dredge in panko mixture. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add patties; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note