Potato-leek soup with cheese
Potato-leek soup with cheese makes an elegant first-course for a winter dinner party, or as a main course with crusty bread and a salad. using sweet potatoes enhances the color of the soup. Makes 4 main-course servings, 8 as a first course.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Additional grated shap cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup(s) Butter
- 4 tablespoon(s) Chopped fresh dill
- Chopped fresh dill (optional)
- 4 ounce(s) Cream cheese
- 1 cup(s) Grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Large garlic clove, minced
- 1 Large leek (white and pale green parts only), thinly sliced
- 4 Large potatoes (white or sweet), peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3/4 cup(s) Milk
- 4 cup(s) Vegetable broth
- 2 Large carrots
- 1. Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add leek and garlic; saute until tender but not brown, about 4 minutes.
- 2. Add potatoes and carrots; saute 5 minutes longer.
- 3. Add broth and dill; simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4. Add milk to soup. Transfer soup to blender. Add cream cheese and blend until smooth. Return soup to pot. Add 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese and stir over low heat until melted. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5. Garnish soup with chopped fresh dill and additional grated sharp cheddar cheese if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by laflly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note