This soup was great. Simple ingredients but very tasty.
Blending vegetables creates a thick, creamy texture without adding cream or starch. That's the trick to creating this creamy Potato-Leek Soup that can be served warm or cold.
More From Health
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 49g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 271mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- 2-3 leeks, white and pale green parts only, sliced (2 cups)
- 2 large russet potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons 1-inch chive slices
- 1. In a large pot, simmer leeks and next 4 ingredients (through water), covered, until potatoes are tender (20-25 minutes). Add butter.
- 2. Using an immersion blender (or a standard blender, working in batches), blend until smooth. Stir in yogurt. Divide among 4 bowls; sprinkle with chives. If desired, serve chilled.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note