With freshly grated potatoes, it's best not to make this ahead of time as they'll brown. You can deep-fry the pancakes, but we've used an electric griddle for a less fattening version. Prep: 5 minutes, Cook: 8 minutes per batch.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, grated, and squeezed of all excess liquid or 1 (18-ounce) bag refrigerated preshredded potatoes
- 1/2 cup leeks, sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and mix until potatoes are well coated. Shape mixture into 6 to 8 patties.
- 2. Place patties on a heated griddle or nonstick skillet. Cook over medium-low heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with crème fraîche or sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note