Fried potato latkes are a traditional jewish dish that is frequently served during Hanukkah. Enjoy this recipe during the holidays or any other time of the year.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 4 large potatoes (3 to 3 1/2 pounds), peeled
- 1 large onion
- 1/4 cup biscuit mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Peanut oil
- Shred potatoes and onion in a food processor; drain well.
- Stir together biscuit mix and egg; add potato and onion.
- Pour peanut oil to a depth of 1/2 inch in a large, heavy skillet. Drop potato mixture by tablespoonfuls into hot oil, and fry mixture, in batches, over medium heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain latkes on paper towels. Serve latkes with applesauce and sour cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note