Potato and Jalapeño Cheese Bake
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 186
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 12.9g
- Carbohydrate: 20.9g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 643mg
- Calcium: 288mg
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 (8-ounce) packages prechopped bell pepper-and-onion mix
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (18-ounce) package refrigerated sliced potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package 50% reduced-fat jalapeño cheddar cheese (such as Cabot), shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper mix; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 1 additional minute.
- 3. While bell pepper mixture cooks, arrange half of potato slices in bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine salt and pepper. Sprinkle potato slices with half of salt mixture.
- 4. Layer potato mixture with half of bell pepper mixture and one-third of cheese. Repeat procedure with remaining half of potato slices, salt mixture, bell pepper mixture, and remaining two-thirds of cheese.
- 5. Cover and bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 additional minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with: Romaine and Sweet Onion Salad
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes