- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 (8-ounce) packages prechopped bell pepper-and-onion mix
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (18-ounce) package refrigerated sliced potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package 50% reduced-fat jalapeño cheddar cheese (such as Cabot), shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- calories 186
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 6.3 g
- satfat 4.1 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 12.9 g
- carbohydrate 20.9 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- cholesterol 20 mg
- iron 0.4 mg
- sodium 643 mg
- calcium 288 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper mix; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 1 additional minute.
While bell pepper mixture cooks, arrange half of potato slices in bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine salt and pepper. Sprinkle potato slices with half of salt mixture.
Layer potato mixture with half of bell pepper mixture and one-third of cheese. Repeat procedure with remaining half of potato slices, salt mixture, bell pepper mixture, and remaining two-thirds of cheese.
Cover and bake at 400° for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 additional minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Serve with: Romaine and Sweet Onion Salad