Potato Griddle Cakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cold, cooked mashed potatoes
- 1/3 cup shortening, melted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl; stir well. Combine eggs, milk, potatoes, and shortening; beat well. Stir into dry ingredients.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook until tops are covered with bubbles and edges are slightly dry. Turn and cook until bottom sides are browned. Serve with butter and syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch