- 1 pound(s) round red potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- vegetable cooking spray
- Place potatoes in a saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; partially cover. Cook 40 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool. Peel potatoes, and place in bowl; mash. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds. Add to mashed potato; stir well. Add flour and salt, stirring to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface. Divide dough into four (4) portions, and shape each portion into a 16-inch-long rope. Cut each rope into 16 (1-inch) pieces; roll each piece into a ball. Drag the tines of a fork through half of each ball, forming a concave shape. Place gnocchi on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, and set aside.
- Bring 14 cups water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add half of the gnocchi, and cook for 1½ minutes. (do not overcook or gnocchi will fall apart.) Remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon, and place in a colander to drain; repeat procedure with the remaining gnocchi. Serve immediately. Yield: about 64 gnocchi (serving size 16 gnocchi).
- Basil Variation: Add 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil to mashed potato with flour and salt.
- Spinach Variation (Gnocchi Verde): Add 1 ½ c ups finely chopped fresh spinach to mashed potato with flour and salt.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BlueeyedSara7 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note