- 6 medium potatoes, cleaned and peeled
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg white
- Additional vegetable oil
- Cut potatoes into quarters; place in a medium saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook 10 minutes. Drain and cool; set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon oil, and water, and set aside.
- Beat egg white (at room temperature) until stiff but not dry; gently fold into flour mixture. Add potatoes, a few at a time, stirring gently to coat well. Drop each coated potato quarter into deep hot oil (375°). Fry until golden, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This