- 2 large potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- About 6 cups chicken broth
How to Make It
Squeeze all excess liquid from grated potatoes. Combine potatoes and next 4 ingredients, stirring well. Add egg and butter; mix until well blended. Shape into 1 1/2-inch balls. Drop dumplings into boiling broth. Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of dumpling comes out clean.
Note: These are delicious alone or may accompany any stewed dish.