Yield: 2 loaves, 32 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 126
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 185mg
- Calcium: 31mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 packages dry yeast (about 4 1/2 teaspoons)
- 2 cups warm fat-free milk (100° to 110°)
- 1 cup mashed cooked peeled Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 7 cups all-purpose flour, divided (about 32 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes. Remove from heat; cool.
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine onion, potato, salt, and cheese in a large bowl. Add milk mixture and dill; stir until well combined.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 6 cups flour to onion mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to keep dough from sticking to hands.
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°) 40 minutes or until doubled in size. (Gently press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.) Punch dough down; cover and let rest 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 portions. Roll each portion into a 14 x 7-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Roll up rectangles tightly, starting with a short edge, pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets; pinch seams and ends to seal. Place rolls, seam sides down, in 2 (9 x 5-inch) loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Coat dough with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°) 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine water and egg, stirring with a whisk. Gently brush loaves with egg mixture. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until brown on the bottom and sound hollow when tapped.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This