Potato-Crusted Spinach Quiche
More From Health
Total: 1 Hour, 20 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 340mg
- Sodium: 720mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated shredded potatoes (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 large egg white, whisked
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 ounce Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Coat inside of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with 1 teaspoon olive oil; set aside.
- 2. Combine potatoes and egg white in a large bowl; toss lightly. Add flour and salt; toss to coat. Transfer to pie plate, and pat evenly into bottom and sides to form crust. Drizzle remaining 2 teaspoons oil over crust. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 3. While crust bakes, place spinach, onion, and 2 tablespoons water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt; drain. Place spinach mixture in a colander, and squeeze to drain; coarsely chop, and set aside.
- 4. Combine eggs and ricotta cheese in a large mixing bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Add black pepper. Stir in spinach mixture, half of Swiss cheese, and bacon.
- 5. Pour egg mixture over potato crust; spread with the back of a spoon to distribute evenly, leaving a 1/2-inch crust along the outer edge. Sprinkle remaining Swiss cheese on top. Bake at 350° for 5055 minutes, until puffed and golden. Cool on a wire rack 1015 minutes before serving. Slice into 4 equal pieces and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch