Health JULY 2010
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Coat inside of a deep-dish 9-inch pie plate with 1 teaspoon olive oil; set aside.
2. Combine potatoes and egg white in a large bowl. Toss lightly. Add flour and salt; toss to coat. Transfer to pie plate, and pat evenly into bottom and sides to form crust. Drizzle remaining 2 teaspoons oil over crust. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes, or until edges begin to brown. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
3. While crust bakes, place spinach, onion, and 2 tablespoons water in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt. Drain. Place spinach mixture in a colander and squeeze to drain; coarsely chop and set aside.
4. Combine eggs and ricotta cheese in a large mixing bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Season to taste with black pepper. Stir in spinach mixture, half of Swiss cheese, and bacon.
5. Pour egg mixture over potato crust, spreading with the back of a spoon to distribute evenly. Leave a 1/2-inch crust along the outer edge. Sprinkle remaining Swiss cheese on top. Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes, until puffed and golden. Let cool on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Go to full version of