Potato-Crusted Salmon With Watercress Salad
For the crispest results, make sure the hash browns come straight from the freezer when you toss them with flour. Recipe by Kate Merker, April 2010. From the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/potato-crusted-salmon-recipe-00000000031436/index.html.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/4 pound(s) skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 cup(s) frozen shredded hash browns (not thawed)
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) sour cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon(s) prepared horseradish
- 1 bunch(es) watercress, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 4 medium radishes, cut into wedges
- 1. Season the salmon with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, toss the hash browns with the flour. Sprinkle them on the salmon and press gently to help them adhere.
- 3. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the salmon, potato-side down, and cook until the potatoes are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4. Carefully flip the salmon and cook until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- 5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, vinegar, horseradish, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- 6. Divide the watercress and radishes among plates, drizzle with the dressing, and serve with the salmon.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note