Potato-Crusted Herb Baked Chicken
This 30-minute recipe starts with a tenderized chicken gently seasoned and coated with a potato parsley mixture and finally baked to perfection.
More From Hungry Jack Recipes
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour, divided
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup Hungry Jack® Mashed Potatoes, flakes
- 3/4 cup parsley flakes
- HEAT oven to 450ºF. Brush baking pan with vegetable oil. Pound chicken breasts to even 1/2-inch thickness.
- COMBINE 1/4 cup flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt and black pepper in a shallow dish. Combine egg and water in another shallow dish; beat with fork until frothy. Combine potato flakes, parsley flakes and remaining 1/4 cup flour and 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt in another shallow dish; toss gently to evenly distribute seasonings.
- COAT chicken breasts with flour mixture; dip into egg mixture. Coat with potato flake mixture, patting until chicken is thoroughly coated; shake off excess breading. Place on prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Turn chicken over; continue baking 6 to 8 minutes or until instant-read thermometer reaches 165°F.
- TIP For stovetop method: Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place breaded chicken breasts in skillet. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side until golden brown or until instant-read thermometer reaches 165°F.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note