I love Cobb salad and the potatoes really make it super hearty.I add chopped hard cooked eggs. Even my meat and three devoted husband is happy when this makes an appearance for supper. I serve it with grilled foccacia, no hot kitchen for me!
Potato Cobb Salad
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle olive oil-and-vinegar dressing, divided
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 large avocados
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 12 small green onions, sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 6 to 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water to cover 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool slightly. Peel and cut into cubes.
- Sprinkle potatoes evenly with 3/4 teaspoon salt. Pour 1 cup dressing over potatoes; gently toss. Set aside remaining dressing. Cover potato mixture; chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Arrange salad greens evenly on a large serving platter. Peel and chop avocados; toss with lemon juice.
- Arrange potatoes, avocados, tomatoes, and next 4 ingredients in rows over salad greens. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with remaining dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This