Pretty good. I added jalapeno to mine to increase the heat. will make this again.
Potato, Chorizo, and Green Chile Burritos
Chorizo and potato make a classic Mexican combination; be sure to use highly spiced, raw and crumbly Mexican chorizo—not the firm, cured Spanish kind. Waxy red potatoes work best here; they hold their shape well and retain some firmness even after they're cooked until tender. For the best browning and a bit of crunch, resist the urge to stir the potatoes often.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 36 Minutes
- Calories: 349
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 14.5g
- Carbohydrate: 39.6g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 669mg
- Calcium: 135mg
- 10 ounce red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces Mexican raw chorizo
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced poblano chile
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 (7- to 8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 2 ounces queso fresco, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1. Place the red potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Remove the pan from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain; pat potatoes dry with paper towels.
- 2. Combine 1 cup tomato, 2 tablespoons onion, cilantro, and lime juice.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo; cook for 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add 1 cup onion and poblano to pan; cook 2 minutes or until onion is tender and chorizo is done, stirring frequently. Remove the chorizo mixture from pan. Add oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add potatoes; cook for 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Stir in chorizo mixture and salt.
- 4. Heat the tortillas according to package directions. Divide the potato mixture evenly among tortillas, and top evenly with salsa and cheese. Roll up each burrito, jelly-roll fashion.
- 5. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 burritos to pan, seam side down; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes