- 10 ounce red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons diced white onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces Mexican raw chorizo
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced poblano chile
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 (7- to 8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 2 ounces queso fresco, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- calories 349
- fat 15.4 g
- satfat 4.6 g
- monofat 7 g
- polyfat 1.8 g
- protein 14.5 g
- carbohydrate 39.6 g
- fiber 5.8 g
- cholesterol 77 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 669 mg
- calcium 135 mg
How to Make It
Place the red potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Remove the pan from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain; pat potatoes dry with paper towels.
Combine 1 cup tomato, 2 tablespoons onion, cilantro, and lime juice.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo; cook for 3 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add 1 cup onion and poblano to pan; cook 2 minutes or until onion is tender and chorizo is done, stirring frequently. Remove the chorizo mixture from pan. Add oil to pan, and swirl to coat. Add potatoes; cook for 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Stir in chorizo mixture and salt.
Heat the tortillas according to package directions. Divide the potato mixture evenly among tortillas, and top evenly with salsa and cheese. Roll up each burrito, jelly-roll fashion.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 burritos to pan, seam side down; cook 1 minute on each side or until browned.