- 1 medium Yukon gold potato, peeled
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 (8-ounce) halibut fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Garnish: fresh chives, lemon slices
How to Make It
Shred potato on the coarse side of a grater; squeeze out excess liquid.
Combine shredded potato, chives, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
Sprinkle both sides of fish fillets evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Sprinkle 1 side of each fillet with lemon rind. Pat 1/4 cup potato mixture evenly over lemon rind on each fillet.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add 2 fillets, potato side down. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until potato begins to brown. Transfer fish, potato side up, to a greased jellyroll pan. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil and remaining 2 fish fillets.
Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Garnish, if desired.